Thursday, August 13, 2009

Today is Monday...

Well, today is Monday (for any of you that suffer from some kind of syndrome that wouldn't allow you to know what day today is).

I have two days left until the 3 Doors Down concert that I have been looking forward to for many weeks now. The best part of the entire thing...well, who am I kidding? The best part will be 3DD, but in a close second will be me getting to be with my three best friends for 24 hours! Deana, Lee Ann and Noreen will be joining me for the spectacular event and it will be fun for them, but I am the one who has a connection will all of them, so I am the luckiest one of the bunch.

So anyway, preparations for the concert...well, I have lost some weight over the last few months and I'm feeling not quite as blimp-ish as I was back in the fall, so that's a great thing. My hair, on the other hand, not treating me so well. It resembles broom straw. I am going to the salon tomorrow to see if Tammy can hook me up with some non-broom straw hair though. She will not be pleased to see that in a fit of rage last week, and scissors in hand, I did a little "trimming" shall we say. I just couldn't take those frazzled ends anymore. Sorry Tammy. That ain't the half of it though. Instead of doing my normal Clairol frost and tip, I let Deana convince me that I would be ok using the Preference Hair Color a few weeks ago, when I knew darn good and well that it would turn my hair a brilliant shade of brass. And it did. Not looking so good. So again, Tammy, just write it off as ignorance. See, when I graduated from high school, I wanted to go to Cosmetology School. Nope, my Dad said noway. He said I had to go to college. Well, I'm still working on that one...and I now have this unrequited love for all things beauty that I never was able to get out of my system. I'm a wannabe. Plain and simple. I want to be able to color my hair and I will probably never stop...despite my bad experiences and having been every color under the sun.

Well, other than my hair, there is still hope for me to look presentable, right? See, looking great at this concert is kind of a big deal to me because...well, let's just be honest here...I want to slap some hot pics up on Facebook. HaHaHa! I'm only kidding...well, not totally, who wants to post bad pics of themselves, right? "Man, I sure do hope I look like crap so I can post pics of my fat behind and my double chin on Facebook!" Really now. But I just don't go out all-too often...I spend a lot of time in my pjs, so it's easy for me to get excited about getting out of the pjs for an evening out.

So I bought myself a new shirt to wear! Woo-hoo! When you have three kids, that's more like a WOO-HOO! Mom and Dad rarely get new clothes. So anyway, found me a new shirt. Cute shirt. Well, yesterday was Mother's Day (again, for those of you with the syndrome aforementioned) and I sat down at the park with my kids and I had on shorts and a tank. Well, much to my surprise when I returned home and changed into my pjs, I had a sunburn! My shoulders and this lovely square on my chest. Did I mention that my shirt is strapless? Boy oh Boy! Isn't that going to be beautiful? The big red cut-out of my tank I was wearing amidst the strapless shirt? Geez, I hope 2 days and some bronzer will fill in the spaces.

And last but certainly not least...in perfect 7th grade fashion, I burned my head with the curling iron yesterday. What adult does that? Really now? I think that God was telling me that my hair is much better straight than flipped because those Mother's Day pics won't be gracing the walls of Facebook--cute kids--freaky- looking me.

Anyway, I'm sure Wednesday morning will bring about a black eye or huge zit or something that will try to sabotage my fun. Won't work though...I'm going with my funky sunburn lines, my 3rd degree curling iron burn and brassy hair baby! WOO-HOO! Ain't it fun getting old?

No comments:

Post a Comment