Thursday, August 13, 2009

The lightning

I have been SOOOO extrememly tired this week! I have been up early to let the bathroom guy in to work each day this week and tried to entertain the children so he could work without 3 little ones observing his every move! The bathroom is now complete and I will post pics later today. I love it! I have never had such a new and pretty room in my life and it's quite a treat! Many thanks to my grandparents and parents for helping us to have such a lovely space! Why is it when you remodel a room that you look around the rest of your house and wish you could remodel the entire place? I don't think I can stand the chaos for quite a while, however. I'm not an organized person, but when you live in a small house, you have to have things somewhat unified and organized or the whole place looks like a mess. Anyway, I layed in bed until almost 9 a.m. this morning and i have not done that in AGES! It was definately what I needed. I hope I can continue to re-energize this week because Natalie is having her tonsils and adenoids out next week and I will have to try to play nurse-Mommy to her.

This is a short note today, but I wanted to tell everybody what I saw last night. I was sitting out back, and it was around 9:00 maybe. In the center of the sky were dark clouds and on each side of those dark clouds, the sky was light--not like daylight, but much lighter than the middle of the sky. The entire sky was full of clouds, but behind the lighter clouds, I could see lightning. It was as if the lightning was kind of obscured by the clouds. The flashes were horizontal behind the clouds and it was like nothing I had ever seen before. It just struck me so funny how this strong lightning could be obscured by these soft, light clouds. It kind of made me think about life. Sometimes we are like that. Sometimes the light things in our lives can obscure the strong things. Sometimes we can't see the beauty within ourselves or within others because a a few clouds are obscuring our view. Take time to look through the clouds and the see lightning in others. Sometimes we just have to look to the left or to the right for the light, but sometimes we have to wait patiently for the clouds to part.

No comments:

Post a Comment