Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Have A Dream!

Amanda’s famous “I have a dream speech”…in regards to the “attic situation”

I have a dream….
That one day the contents of my attic will be purged and neatly organized into clear plastic storage containers.

That the age appropriate clothing will be clearly marked so I will no longer have to fumble through unmarked trash bags full of 10 years worth of children’s clothing with every season change.

I have a dream…
That the Christmas ornaments will be neatly organized into those cool divided ornament storage containers so I do not have to buy new bulbs every year.

That the tangled Christmas lights will be rolled up neatly and the blown bulbs replaced so I will not have to test the same strings of lights every Thanksgiving night.

I have a dream…
That all the pairs of curtains, quilts, blankets and extra comforters will be safely stowed away in space bags for easy retrieval.

That the seasonal holiday decorations will be grouped by season and labeled and placed where I can find them before the holiday is over.

I have a dream…
That the collectible Barbies and Nascar collectibles will not be left open by my children who think they should “play” with these treasures and ruined by the heat of the attic.

That the box of two decades of photographs I have stored up there will not sustain heat or sun damage.

This is my hope and this is my dream.

If anyone is willing to help me realize this dream, please feel free to stop by with your work clothes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment