Friday, January 20, 2012

January 20, 2012


Anger Diary Issue:  The School “Drop Off Line”

People, people, people…say it with me…”Drop off line.”  Does it say “Park and walk my kid in the school line?”  NOOO.  If you need to walk your kid in the school, then you need to pull into a PARKING SPOT and park your car and walk your kid in the school.  When I pull up to the school and there are car(s) sitting in front of the door with nobody in them…well it makes me think things that are not so nice.  It gives me rage and it just really starts my day in a way that I don’t like.   Don’t do that to me people.  I am a positive person, but it DRIVES ME NUTS!!!  I don’t need to walk my kids in the school.  I just drop them off and when they go through those doors, I leave.  That’s what the drop-off line is for. 

SHOCKER!  I'm not the only mom who feels this way!  Check out this story by Rachel Hoeing!  

Happiness Journal Tidbit of Gratitude:  Rally Caps

As most of you know, Natalie fell down the basement steps and has an injured ankle (growth plate.)  She’s on crutches and has a splint for the time being.  It sucks when stuff like that happens, but I think there is always a silver lining, even in the midst of sucky stuff.  Sometimes we just have to adjust our focus.  We have received so many get well wishes from friends and family and it means so much to us.  It’s so humbling to have people in your corner and have people rally around you when you’re down.  I think that’s such an important part of life and it warms my heart so very much.

Declaration of Self:

I am not going to care who is looking.  I’m just going to do it.

I have always been an incredibly self-conscious person.  I have always worried what others were saying about me or thinking about me.  I'm 34 years old and I’m just over it.  I’m going to sing and I’m going to dance and I’m going to play and I’m going to enjoy life—and if you think I look funny doing it, well I’m ok with that.  I’m going to laugh too :)  We’ll laugh together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment