Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11, 2012

Anger Diary Issue:  Pessimism.  
Webster's defines pessimism as an inclination to emphasize adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities or to expect the worst possible outcome.
Don't do that people.  
With that said, the truth of the matter is that bad trumps good in our minds.  
To create more good, don't attempt to create more good...attempt to remove one negative from your path.


Happiness Journal Tidbit of Gratitude:  Dropping my kids off at school
I love dropping my kids off at school.  I have to make two trips because school starts at different times.  Most of the time I am in my pajamas.  I know, I know.  That's bad.  Overlook that for a moment though.  When I dropped my 4th grade daughter off today, I rolled down the window and yelled "I love you honey!" numerous times.  I would never do this if there were people around for obvious reasons.  (I don't want people filing papers to commit the crazy woman in the fleece jammies in front of the school.)  She doesn't turn around when I start yelling, but I know she is giggling as she walks into school.  We may have fought over whether that shirt is acceptable or whether the jeans she wanted to wear are still in the washing machine, but when she steps out to walk into school to begin her day, I know she is giggling.
When I drop my 1st grade son off, he gets out and he blows kisses to me.  I relish this every.single.morning.  One day he's going to stop doing that and I'm going to miss it so very much. xoxo (The little moments truly ARE the big moments)

Declaration of Self:
I am determined.  
"There is no chance, no destiny, no fate that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul."~Ella Wheeler Wilcox


No comments:

Post a Comment