Thursday, May 12, 2016

Chemo Brain

Someone said to my dad last week, “I thought Amanda must be feeling bad because she hasn’t written in a while.”  The truth is I haven’t been feeling as good as I was the first six weeks. My allergies have really added to the being worn down thing. I blow my nose around the clock and now I have a cough that sounds like I have the pneumonic plague. Saturday I was showered and dressed and ready to go to a lemonade stand and then on to a birthday party and I started getting chills. I ended up running a fever that day and night. Seems it was probably something viral. It has taken me a few days to bounce back from that.

I’m tired, I don’t focus on things so well, I’m coughing every breath. I know. Sexy. A pajama wearing, forgetful, nearly bald woman with the whooping cough.  And I can't taste anything. Coffee is bland, pepperoni pizza is bland, Fruity Pebbles are bland. Doesn't really matter, I haven't been hungry in a few days anyway. I am making myself eat but the desire isn't really there.

I’m halfway through my chemo. I’m so ready to be done with it all. I’m starting to feel impatient I think. I just want all this to be over with so I can move on with my life. The warm weather has caused me to think about being outdoors and I want to revamp my back patio and I want to get a load of mulch and get my landscaping done. I want to repaint my kitchen cabinets. I have a ton of different projects I’d love to get into, but I just don’t have the energy to do them right now.  And that is very frustrating to me.  I am trying to just listen to my body and go when I feel like going and rest when I feel like resting.

I’m looking forward to the school year finishing up so I can have my kids at home. They will fight and tear the house to smithereens, but I still like having them at home.

I’m tired and this blog was nearly pointless tonight but that’s kind of how I have been for the last week. Hopefully my cough will let up and I will regain a little energy and be back to my usual shenanigans in two shakes of a lamb’s tail!

-lightning bug

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you feel so bad, prayers that all this misey will be worth the effort. I saw your dad today & told him how proud I am of you & your get-er-done attitude! God bless you!-love Ginger Lilly

    ReplyDelete