Wednesday, March 7, 2012

You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!




"Fashion is made to become unfashionable." ~Coco Chanel


And Thank.God.For.That.


I've spent the last couple of weekends 
in Roanoke "shopping."
Yes, I said "shopping." In quotations.
Shopping in the sense of me wandering aimlessly around the big, scary mall and becoming seriously discouraged with everything I see.

I'm 34. I have 3 kids. I'm a size *cough, cough.*
I don't expect to look like an 18 year old size 1 model.
I just want to look like a fresh, 34 year old mom of 3.

Have you been shopping lately? Oh geez.


Just when you think it can't get any worse...
then lo and behold.

When the sweater dress made its appearance a couple of winters ago,


I thought it couldn't get any worse.



All I needed on this body was a shapeless piece of knitwear
that made my entire midsection look like





The when the skinny jean returned, I thought,
"You have to be kidding me."




Is there any real question as to which of these pants
look BETTER?
Are you KIDDING ME???

Sheesh.



So anyway...I had a gift card for Old Navy.

Well actually it was my husband's gift card that I gave him for Christmas...

but why get caught up on the pesky details




I had a free pass to buying myself something pretty...



Well, they had this...





And while I did grow up on Baby and Johnny...


Umm...thanks but no thanks to the possibility 
of a glimpse of my midsection being seen.


But I DID do the "Come here Loverboy" bit


(and every 30-something girl who is reading this knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about)




And FINALLY


The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back...


When I knew without a shadow of a doubt 
that there was NOTHING this season for me...




If any of you have had the pleasure misfortune of ever 
having one of
THESE
in your possession...






Then you SURE as heck don't want to relive it


with THIS!



Sigh.


Let me conclude this horror story
with a few wise quotes about fashion...


"I base most of my fashion sense on what doesn't itch."
~Gilda Radner

"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!"
~Dolly Parton

"There is no fashion for the old."~Coco Chanel


Hope you have better Spring 2012
fashion luck that I have had so far!
~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment