Thursday, March 27, 2014

There's no instruction manual for this...

March 27, 2014

It’s the day after we buried my grandma.  We had a beautiful service that celebrated her life and I cried and smiled and laughed and cried.  

Today the sun is shining magnificently and life goes on.  Or that’s what I thought anyway.  I told my dad yesterday evening that I was hoping my cousins would’ve been able to make it to the funeral.  He said they probably had to work.  When dad got home he called me.  He had looked through the book and found my cousin and his wife’s name.

I sent a text to his mom this morning and told her that I didn’t see them there and please thank them for coming and tell him I love him. 

She replied that he was taking it real hard.

Then the flood of memories began…fun times we had together as kids, our rebellious streak as teens...cousin stuff.  And then I thought about how much Momaw loved him and all the kids in the family.  Everybody. 

I remember sitting in that same place as we said goodbye to his Momaw (my Momaw’s baby sister) just a few years ago.  

Life was so much simpler 20 years ago when our biggest concern was not getting arrested for racing on the four lane.  

The only thing that stays the same is everything changes, everything changes.

Time marches on. –Tracy Lawrence 

No comments:

Post a Comment